Maranatha Music Ministries was originally founded as the Maranatha Touring Choir in 1972 by Carlton and Shirley Onderdonk and the late Carroll P. and Mary Kelly. The choir chose the name “Maranatha,” meaning “come Lord Jesus” in Aramaic. In 1992, the board of directors decided to incorporate and formed Maranatha Music Ministries, Incorporated, to be the parent organization of the Maranatha Touring Choir. The vision was to eventually have other choirs under this parent umbrella.
Through the years the organization has added the Maranatha Second Generation Choir and the Maranatha Gospel Choir. All of the choirs were host by local churches for rehearsals as Maranatha Music Ministries did not have a physical home. In 2009, with funds collected throughout the years, Maranatha Music Ministries was able to place a down payment on a physical home, located at 1915 Charles Street in Fredericksburg, Virginia.
Maranatha Music Ministries, Inc. is a Non-Profit, 501(c)(3), organization and graciously accepts donations as it works to pay off the new building mortgage and continue to assist all three choirs to full-fill their mission of sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with all who will listen.